Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Getting Closer

Christmas is getting closer and I am not staying up with the chores.  Put lights up in the front of the house and half of them work and half don't.  I know, I should have checked them before I hung them.  Don't have the Christmas tree up or any other decorations.  The good china is ready because it hasn't been put away since Thanksgiving.  Doug is looking at turkeys so maybe we will have food bought by the weekend.  Haven't given much thought to mailing gifts yet, and need to do that this week.  I am enjoying Advent and preparing for the day, but the secular bit is not in my head this year. 
Hope everyone is thinking of the season and enjoying the preparations.  I guess by Christmas day I will be ready.  Maybe it is because we will have a small gathering.  Whatever, I will enjoy the day when it arrives and sometimes small gatherings are really good.