Thursday, July 9, 2009

Seeing Eye Dog

I went to have my macular degeneration evaulated last week and thankfully, it seems to be about the same. But my vision has changed a lot and they said I needed new lenses. Because I have those fancy glass frames that have a magnet to hold sunglasses and I really need the sunglasses, I told them I would have them use my old frames. They are really expensive so I didn't want to buy a new pair when these where only a year old.
BAD IDEA!!!!!
For about 30 hours I have been without a way to see. Then I found there is about a 2" deep area of vision. If I get at just the right place in front of me, within that 2" bracket, I can see well enough to make out letters. I am not sure how accurate I am, but it was better than not seeing at all. My eyes were really sore and tired this morning, so I know it is time to get the glasses back.
I would gladly buy a seeing eye dog for someone who had no vision. It is awful to have people guide you around and keep you from falling off curbs and stuff.
Now, I am finished...enough is enough and I am ready to pick up my glasses.