Monday, March 30, 2009

Dogs

Turns out, perhaps Tim needed a dog more than Amy or Rachel. He and Kizzy seem to have formed a wonderful bond and are good for each other. So perhaps he and Kismet fulfilled her name and they are fated for each other. I am happy for him, because I know he gets a bit lonely up there in Stillwater by himself and she will be happy having him for a friend.
Now, if Amy and Rachel find the right dog for them, all will be well.
Ghost will be 10 years old on April 6 and that is really old for a
Great Dane. He seems quite healthy except his back legs are beginning to go on him and he struggles to get up and down. But, once he is on his feet, he does really well. So well in fact, that yesterday when I made a Yum Yum cake and left it on the counter to cool, he decided it must be for him and I found him licking the icing off the cake. Luckily he could only reach one side of it and I saved the other side. He never used to do those things, but I guess he decided that age has its privileges. Old people seem to do that. Old people forget to be nice, they assume the world revolves around them. Problem is, the alternative to being old is not one I care to dwell on. So, I will just promise to try harder to make old age move into the next decade from which I presently reside and if I begin to assert my age, I give you all permission to remind me that it is not all about me.