Saturday, April 18, 2009

big day

It is a big day downtown, or not so big, depending on how you view it. The street is closed for 5 blocks east to west and 2 blocks north to south. Car and motorcycle show. I would like to be enthused, but I fear I am not. It will be a fine event for those entered, but there will be few people coming downtown for the party because all the parking lots and the streets are unavailable for parking. We came at 8am and had to park two blocks away, so I imagine the shoppers who might like to come will find parking closer than 4 blocks difficult. It is hard to accommodate the needs of the event and the needs of the merchants and shoppers. I hope it is a good day for them. I plan to get some much needed paperwork done and some personal sewing and some reading completed. At least it will be quiet and I have good lighting here. Well, not so much quiet...the guys sitting out on the sidewalk by their cars are having a wonderful time and talking and laughing. SO...does that not make it a success? And I think I see smoke blowing this way which speaks of bar b q so that must also contribute to a successful day. Maybe I will go have a walk around and readjust my attitude. Thus trying to assume a position of grace instead of oneryness.