Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Lost things

Things get lost and we just can't figure out how to do without them. I just had a call from the Church and they have lost one of the strips of fabric that has been used on the table to hold the hot cross buns (more like donuts) and how can we dress the table for Easter if we don't have that piece. Can I fix one like the one that is lost. NO, But I could make something different.
Maybe we don't have to do the same thing all the time, maybe we could make changes. Rev Tracy says we have many sacred cows in the church and if we melted down all the brass plaques we could pay the electric bill. We do get used to doing the same old thing and holding on to old things. I like tradition, but hope I am not so set in my ways that I can't see starting a new tradition or simply doing things in new ways. I suggested that, but don't think it will meet with much approval.
I wonder why we get so hung up on the past and how things were always done?