Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day

Today is Earth Day and we should all pay attention to it and the reason for it.
But this month is another significant month and April 30 is the big day...so everyone get ready.

This is Poetry Month and the 30th is Poetry Day. So Everyone begin to think of your favorite poem and send them to me and we will share them on the 30th.
Or your favorite poet if you can't think of a poem.

Save something on the planet today. I will drink from glass cups and eat from re-usable things today. I went off and left the back door open for Ghost today since no one will be home all day, but I did turn off the air and heat so that won't be going off. Tonight I will turn off all my computers and unplug the chargers. Who knew that leaving a computer turned on and a cell phone charger plugged into the wall would use so much electricity. I think we need to install those electrical outlets the Brits use and I always made so much fun of. They are up higher on the wall so you can see and reach them easily and they all have a switch, so you flip the switch when the outlet is not in use, thus saving the bit of electricity that leaks out all the time. Do your part and try to keep it up all year until it becomes a habit. I am trying, but 72 years of waste is not an easy habit to break.

Don't forget your poem!!!!