Saturday, May 30, 2009

New Jersey

I am excited to be going to New Jersey. It will be nice to escape the daily grind and grumpy people.
I am anxious to see Tim and Amy all in one place. This Stillwater church thing and the Princeton seminary thing is getting old for them, I'm sure. They will enjoy a couple of months of together time. Amy is anxious to do some classes at Tim's church and to be a preachers wife. I will enjoy watching that. Of course, the countryside is so beautiful there, that just relaxing and looking at the mountains will be good tonic. If this blog is quiet for awhile, you know I am relaxing and having a good time.
Of course, I will be feeling guilty because I am not in Ark with Tom and his broken neck. I realize I could be very little help, but still, I am used to being with my loved ones when they are not well. I know Marti and his caregiver Patty will take good care of him and I appreciate them. I will go see him when I get back and take pictures for him to see and have a little visit.
The hard part of being so far apart from everyone is eased a lot by the advent of cell phones and the internet. You can feel very connected with people even though there is vast distance. Still, being able to hug someone can't be replaced by the computer.
Summer is on the way. It will be hot soon and I will be cranky about that. Right now the weather is delightful.