Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Fixed, not fixed

The Mercedes message light came on saying my headlamp was defective. I needed to travel to OKC and it was going to be rainy and dreary, so I took it to Oneals to have a new light installed. I picked it up and all was well. Next morning, in the pouring rain, gray sky and poor light, I started to OKC only to notice, to my dismay, that the message about the headlamp was once again staring me in the face. I got out and looked and sure enough...the right headlight was out. So I called them and said, "so what? did you take the right light out and put it in the left side?" I am not sure they thought it was funny, as they assured me they would never do that. So, I will take it in today and have it repaired.
It occurred to me that sometimes when we fix one fault that it often makes another fault come to the surface...maybe we need to be careful about fixing our faults. Well, maybe not...maybe we just need to be more aware of how easily our faults can surface. One right after the other, they seem to appear. But as long as we can take them in and get them fixed we will be ok.
I know, this is foolish rambliing, but that is what my mind is doing today.