Wednesday, May 20, 2009

May

May is a month of graduations, family reunions, mosquitoes.
As mosquitoes are a nemesis in the female side of my family..I am always in dread of the aftermath of the great rains. They are big as dogs around here right now. When the dog goes into the backyard, we have to brush him off when he comes in because we found out that the pesky devils get a free ride in on his back. Rachel carries the scars for months and they set me on fire. Soon, they will abate and it will be better, but for right now, staying indoors and covered up is the only way to escape being bitten.
We have no graduations this year, but next year we will have two. Both on the east coast and with any luck at all within a 10 day span of each other so we can easily attend both. I will not miss Rachel's graduation from college and I absolutely will not miss Amy's graduation from Princeton. She called today and said she is officially a senior now and is glad not to be a middler anymore. She can see the end of one road and the beginning of the other. I am so excited for both of them. Amy will go on to finish her second masters degree in counseling, but she can do that by commuting to Rutgers. Hopefully, the job market will be better and there will be something Rachel will enjoy doing. If not, I guess grad school would be an option, but she is sort of tired of school.
I am looking forward to the Myers family reunion because they kindly included the Mitchell part of the family and we have not all been together since the last Aunt died and then some were missing. It will be nice to see the new generations that I don't know and really nice to see those who have grown old along with me.
May is a nice month. Really the only downer are the mosquitoes. So I will buy some more repellent and enjoy the month.