Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Anxious Reading

I have been reading some books preparing for the meetings we are to have at the church. Reading about anxiety brings me up short. I probably fail at the test. It is hard to be a non-anxious presence. I used to be able to do that when I had kids. You had to be non-anxious...but as I got older, I forgot and became more reactive. There are times when I am expecting trouble that I can keep my mind on the calm and rational response instead of the reactive reptillian brain stuff. But some people just bring out the snake in me!!
It is a serious issue and if people remembered to absorb the issue, think it through and look for solutions, things are never as bad as we suppose them to be.
Peter Steinke says we need to keep out of the reptillian brain and move to the neo-cortex...it is a long trip for some of us!!!!!