Saturday, October 4, 2008

NEW DRESS?

I am busy getting ready for a lot of things in the next few days. Of course, there is the sunday school lesson to ready for tomorrow, then Peter Steinke begins his miraculous unravelling of our problematic congregation after church tomorrow and I have to finish the last book I am reading. I am liturgist so have to make sure everything is ready for the supply pastor to do communion.
Then fly to Dallas late in the afternoon for reading group. Make sure I have everything I need for the worship service Monday aft and complete my study and last minute check of my sources for the reading. Then, I have not yet successfully crossed the waters of the electronic sea, because neither I, nor 2 of my trusted electronic genuises have been able to burn a cd for my cd player to play the accompaniment of the two hymns I want them to sing. Yes, I know, I can play them off my computer, but it takes me awhile to find everything and get it turned on and started in the right place and I want everything to be smooth and without wasting time between segments of the service. Well, maybe someone will appear with a guitar.
Now, I am tired and I have yet to get to the title of this blog. I NEED a new dress. I hate shopping, and my brief foray into the one store in this town that MIGHT have had a dress was a bust! So, do I waste the time, gasoline, patience and energy driving to Lawton to look for one, or do I just go with the same old tried and true I have been wearing for the past two years? Probably the later, but I really do NEED a new dress.
I will be out of circulation until next Friday, so there will likely not be any new information until then. Maybe I will find a lamp post that provides a connection.
Keep those poor students in your heart as we wade through their exams next week. I hope they know that we do it with grace and mercy!!
You can vote on the dress...do I shop or do I not?