Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I can't see

Had to have my eyes dilated today and I can't see. I know, it will be better in a few hours, but this is most frustrating and I have discovered that I am pretty useless without my eyes. I don't know what to do. I can find my way around the computer, but can't read what is there if it is less than 30 point. Nearly fell over my own feet getting in the shop. Now this was a real treat...Bill is still wearing his dark glasses from his cataract surgery when he drives, so here we came in the car, both in dark glasses. Bet it scared a few people off the road. Melody wanted to know where our friend, the other blind mouse, was.
We just all take our good health for granted and it is distressing when things are notnormal. We should all take a few minutes a day to be thankful for our blessings, especially of health.
Oh, the macular degeneration is of the dry variety and unless it changes, I will just have a general diminishing of vision that will be slow and gradual and will probably not make me blind unless I live to be 120 years old. So, I will keep a close watch on them so if it switches over, I will know it pretty quick and they have new treatments that can help a little. I am thankful for what I do not have and will just complain about what I do have.
But, I am grateful all day long for the health of my family.