Monday, January 5, 2009

Take a Deep Breath

This year I have decided that I must not let other people frustrate or disappoint me. I can control that, even if I can't control them. So far, we are on day 5 and I have only been frustrated twice and disappointed once. Doesn't sound like I am going to have a successful year. But, I haven't given up, I will just treat tomorrow like Jan 1 and start over.
I finally figured out that frustration begins with my need for folks to act the way I want them to act. Disappointment comes from people not behaving the way I want them to behave. What is the common denominator here? I want...that makes it all about me, doesn't it? Well, the world is not all about me, so I better get that idea out of my head and move on. Tomorrow is the first day of my new year and I vow to do better in the remaining 360 days.