Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lent

Several years ago, I heard a sermon that inspired me. The preacher said we should do something that makes us a better person during the Lenten season. Give up something that would bring us closer to God and make us better. I reasoned that giving up stress over things I cannot control would be good for me and make me understand that I am not in total control of life.
It was quite successful and I learned to give to God those things over which I have no control. I also learned that not stressing out about those things was helpful to me and I felt better and functioned better. So thinking about today (Ash Wed) and what I would do to prepare for Easter, I have decided that I should give that stress thing another try. Because I seem to be a backslider in that respect.
So, as of now, I am admitting I cannot control the world and those things which seem to be out of my direct control, I will not spend time stressing out about. So I will no longer be wasting my stress time worrying about that which I cannot help. I expect to have a peaceful Lenten season and hopefully I will be able to carry that attitude past Easter.
Have a wonderful day and prepare yourself for Easter. It is a wonderful opportunity for renewal of the spirit. Shalom