Monday, February 23, 2009

Slumdog and all thos others

For a person who has not seen a movie in a long time (except on Turner Classics), I certainly enjoyed the Oscars. Kate Winslet's dress was stunning. In fact most of the clothes seemed in good taste and quite lovely. Feminine and charming, I think. The men looked reserved and stately and reminded me of Oscar night when I was younger.
Many tender moments, good presenters and a beautiful stage and well done. All in all, the only way it could have been better would have been a tie with Kate and Merrill. How exciting for the crew of Slumdog.
All in all, it was a good evening and I enjoyed it. It wasn't so over the top and raunchy as recent past shows have been. Back to a moment of civility. That can't be all bad.
And good for the Academy in recognizing Milk by honoring Sean Penn. The song I liked from Slumdog didn't win, but the winner was good, too.
Hope everyone had a good evening watching and hope you all enjoy the movies of '09. I depend on your critiques to keep me up to date and ready for Ocsar next year.