Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Spring Fool

It is trying very hard to be spring. But I know better. Some of the worst winter storms I have seen have been in Feb and March. I remember one year I thought the winter was over and Amy and I were driving on hiway 7 (I guess going to pick up Bill from work or something) and it was snowing like crazy. I think I tried to stop at a stop sign and was hit from behind. Made a mess of the car, scared us both silly and left us stranded. A nice lady let us go in and use her phone. I had a messed up shoulder and Amy was just bruised and scared. Of course neither of us had on any proper clothes. She was probably barefoot as she usually was as a child and I know we weren't wearing coats and it was the end of March. So.....beware, if you see daffodils blooming and think of packing away your coat......Don't.
Spring will be along in its own good time. But that isn't now.