Friday, September 19, 2008

CHOCOLATE LOVERS UNITE

What a dastardly deed!~!!! Forget the economy, there is a real crisis in America. Hershey's, that icon, second only to Coke, has fallen!! They have changed their formulas without letting us know. To save money they have taken out the cocoa butter and substituted veggie oil in their chocolate. Of all the sneaky and mean things to do.
The only saving grace for them is that they have NOT altered the flat Hershey bar, Kisses and the peanut butter choc thing, (whatever that is that I don't eat).
Apparently they changed the packages to read "chocolate candy" or "chocolatey" to be legal, but you would not notice if you weren't looking. So, others may take the same road. Be aware, if it is milk chocolate, it must contain cocoa butter. If it does not list it in the ingredients, it is not milk chocolate.
Usually, I prefer the dark choc but I still like a good old fashioned flat hershey bar and that is still safe. But I will be watching.
How dare they, with things like that going on, I have decided that whichever politician takes them on and puts them back on the right track will get my vote. Watch out for apple pie and motherhood...it may be next on the chopping block.
I would happily take a smaller size bar if they will go back to the real thing.