Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tests

The other day, a friend said I should take the Myers Briggs (maybe that isn't the correct last name) personality test. I am always up for a test, so I did. And what did I find out? What you already know. I am an extrovert, judgemental person who likes to play by the rules and make decisions and then act on them. What a surprise!! What did surprise me was that during the question answering I found myself thinking about what I was saying. Do I really think rules are more important than the effect they cause. Am I really so scared of diversity from the norm? Will I really stand up and fight for what it says in the 'book' rather than for what I can see might be a better way? Apparently I am. I don't know why, perhaps I am afraid of chaos. That must be it. I like a well ordered dependable way of doing things. Strange, since I am sort of a maverick (to use a phrase I am coming to hate). But I like my change to be orderly.
Must be why my desk is always neat and my house always picked up and tidy!!!!! Now, there is a conundrum! So, are those kind of tests valid or do we manipulate them to say what we think of ourselves or wish we were.
Ah, well, that is a thorny question and I wish it were the most difficult of the day, but I suspect it is but a gracenote on the day. Here now and gone as soon as you click this off your computer.
Have a good day thinking about more important matters.