Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Christmas yearnings

I am sitting here looking at a pattern for a Christmas tree skirt. I don't have one. I haven't had one for years. Ever since I threw out the one my mother made of red felt and black sequins and beads. I have no idea why she used black beads. She was not like that...red and white or red and green ..that was her. Anyway it began to bug me and I threw it away. But I didn't replace it and now I am thinking about making one that has a choir of angels on it and there is a mantle cover to match it. Well, here's the rub. Amy needs that for one of the trees and mantles in Stillwater. So I still won't have one. If she doesn't read this, she won't know it and then I can surprise her. But if I make one for her, why wouldn't it be just as easy to make one for me at the same time...and I have a mantle. I think I will do that. So, don't tell. Shalom