Thursday, September 11, 2008

Wishy Washy

Well, there used to be a day when I could make a decision and stick with it and not worry if someone else would like the results. Maybe this is old age, and maybe it is just a litany of poor decisions coming back to haunt me.
I had such a great idea about the Christmas tree skirt and found the perfect fabric for the pattern. Then I began second guessing myself that it would be too big for a table top tree in the bay window. Then I think that Tim might not enjoy the color so much and does she have decorations that would fit with the skirt and on and on and on. Then I decided to make it for myself, but last year I made all those midnight blue stockings and this wouldn't go very well with them and I probably need a blue skirt to match the socks. Now I have almost talked myself out of doing it because I don't know if it is the right thing and a person should be able to choose their own color and pattern for a Christmas tree skirt.
I suppose I will just ask the person who is not supposed to know about this project what color she would prefer and if she wants a table top tree in that bay window. Maybe direct communication would be best. I think this is a result of aging...I don't want to be overbearing (well, not more than usual) and I am not sure I am on the same page with the younger generation. But then again, maybe not.
I think I will have an hour of solid decision making this afternoon. This is nonsense.Brainstorm!!!!!I will buy the fabric and make a quilt of it and if anyone wants it they can have it. Christmas tree skirt is another project. Midnight blue and silver for me and whatever anyone else wants they can have. They just need to give me the colors to use. Done...now, was that so hard?