Monday, September 1, 2008

graceless gracenotes abound

Perhaps the title of my blog has confused you. I am a Presbyterian who fully believes in grace. The grace of God in my life, the grace of others for me and the world, my own offering of grace which is not always forthcoming. Things I have to work on. But I have no illusions that grace flowing from me is adequate or always abundant. I have no doubt about the grace of God flowing to me and anyone who wants it.
A gracenote is but a blip of the musical tongue. It is a minor notation that barely deserves a scratch of the pencil, but is important to more fully flesh out a piece of work. So my blog is just that. Not necessary, just a notation that fleshes out a piece of my world for someone who sees it. Not that it is important, or necessary and not even that it enhances that world. Just there, because I am here.
And that is what I am, just here for a short time and leaving little gracenotes (although sometimes 'graceless') behind for people to get a more complete sense of who I am.
Now, may God's grace be with us, on us, around us and in us. Shalom