Friday, November 7, 2008

Christmas?

I guess it will be Christmas soon. Halloween is over, Thanksgiving is near and the Christmas lights have gone up on the lamp posts on Main Street. Looked out the window the other day and we have new lighted snowflakes (left over from the lights in the park that has been shut down) going up. I used to try not to put in my Christmas windows until after Thanksgiving, but that never seemed to work and by then we are too busy to do a good job of the window. So, we will start putting it in this weekend and leave the little window for Thanksgiving and when that is over we will put our traditional Manger in the little window. We are doing a gingerbread man
window this year and have made a little quilt for the little bed with all sorts of gb men and gb houses on it. Now, I need to get some gingerbread spray so people will think we have cookies. Can't actually have cookies, because I would eat them all.
It will be here before we know it and as usual I will be scrambling around trying to get it all finished. I have 4 Christmas projects started for family gifts, I am hopeful one of them will be complete in time. I seem to get slower each year.
We need to slow down anyway and remember the reason for the season. Be prepared to have a blessed Christmas. Get ready early so you can enjoy it. That is my goal this year.