Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tradition

I got the tree up Thanksgiving day and yesterday put some lights in the window, so today I guess I will get out the decorations and do the tree. We put up the decorations at the church this afternoon and no one remembered where anything went. As we were making it up on our own, someone said' but this isn't traditional'. I love tradition, but maybe we sometimes need to look at a new approach and view.
So it is with my tree. I think I will do something different to it this year. But one thing must stay. The black devils claw. Dad always put it in the tree to aggravate Mother. We have always put it on our tree since they died and I will always have it there. Some traditions are too precious to give up. Anyway, decorations are not what make Christmas. Remembering the reason is the thing.