Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Grace Abides

Last night I was at a meeting and on the way home, had a flat tire (rear blowout, actually) but it took awhile to realize what was wrong. Silly me, I thought it was something wrong with the exhaust. That's what it sounded like. I saw a church ahead with a big empty parking lot and lots of security lights, so pulled in there. Called AAA and locked the door and waited for 30 min while he came and changed it for me. This morning I went to get a new tire (really a set of tires) and went to a place I have never used before. Having become put out with the one I used to patronize, I decided to try this place that was recommended by the AAA guy. They are reputable people, just not convenient. Got a really good price and a beautiful set of tires. I had been warned by the 'son person 'that I needed new tires a month or so ago and I ingnored him. Should have listened. I'm lucky I wasn't hurt and everything worked out well. That is a bit of grace come my way and I appreciate it. Never know when it will fall on you, so should not be stingy about bestowing a bit of grace on someone else. May grace abide in your life.