Friday, November 14, 2008

Regression

I need to regress to Halloween. About the popcorn balls. I forgot to mention that I grew up during World War 2 and there was a strict ration on food. Especially sugar. To get any kind of sweet treat for Halloween was special. Popcorn balls, using lots of the sweet stuff, was pretty special. Also, costumes were all homemade and I seemed to be the perpetual gypsy. So there was a definite difference between then and now. Taking someones sugar ration was a big deal and my mother worked at the ration board so I heard stories daily about hoarders and wasters. We were strict with what was rationed in our house and gave away those precious things we did not have to have to others who needed them. So maybe, just maybe, there was a bit of guilt about accepting candy.
Oh, yes. I got my color fixed. Simple, just took awhile to figure it out. Really, too easy...so I won't tell you, lest you think I am really a simpleton.