Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Calories

I had been given to believe that calories did not count at Christmas. Well, believe me, that is not true. I ate candy and pie and dressing and some more candy and gained 2 pounds. Somehow, there must be a way to remove calories from Christmas food. After all, it is to celebrate the Lord's birth...so would he want us to celebrate that with carrots and oatmeal? I don't think so. Maybe now I will have to celebrate my health and get rid of those two pounds plus the 2 I seemed to find at Thanksgiving and the other 2 I picked up celebrating Tim's ordination and things like that. Notice how I manage to blame the celebrations? I am good the rest of the time. Back to oatmeal and carrots. I want to be ready for the next big celebration and it appears I have some work to do before that happens.