Sunday, December 21, 2008

Good Day

We had a lovely day with Rebecca and Jason. I am happy to report that his is a pleasant, nice mannered, ambitious and happy young man. He seems to have a very caring way about him and appears to be very caring of Becky as she is of him. I think this is a good mark of maturity and am pleased to see it in both of them. He has a good sense of humor and is at ease with strangers. He knows who he is and who he has been and what he wants to be. So, it was nice to see her happy and she looked radiant.
The only fly on the day was having to let Amy go back to NJ. We loved having her this week. It is special to have her around and we all enjoyed it. The people at church were pleased to have her as liturgist today and she is more professional each time I see her work.
All in all it has been a good day. She left Duncan at 1pm Sun and will not arrive in Philly until 9:20am Monday as it stands now. I hope she gets in then, as she still has to drive an hour to Princeton and gather up things for the 1.45 hour trip to Stillwater. Then on to NYC on Tue to get Jo and bring her back to Stillwater for Christmas. Good thing she has lots of energy. I think I remember having that kind of energy at that age and I believe I remember that I enjoyed it. Now a 1 hour drive is all I want.
Anyway, I have had my Christmas family joy and will wait for the day to celebrate the real reason for the season.
Peace