Friday, December 19, 2008

People are good

I know people are basically good. Becky's boyfriend, Jason, was due in to Wichita last night from
Korea. The wind was too bad for them to land and he had to return to Denver. Well, that broke both their hearts, but he will be in this afternoon. The good part is this; when they got back to Denver, the pilot announced they had a soldier coming home for Christmas from Korea and he hadn't seen his family for a year, so would they let him deplane first. When he got up to leave, the passengers applauded and he was stunned. Then when he was eating dinner, a couple came and ate with him and paid for his meal. Then when he checked out of the hotel, the hotel would only let him pay $25 and now the airline has bumped him to first class. He was really surpirsed at the kindness of people and most appreciative. People really are good, if they have a chance. I know Becky will be very glad when he is on the ground and they can be together. I am anxious to meet him, they are coming saturday and taking Amy back to OKC to catch her plane Sunday afternoon.
It will have been a whirlwind week, but I have enjoyed it. Tim and Rachel are expecting a foot of snow today and Joey is in the middle of a storm, I think. Rachel did a job for me and I can't say what it is right now, because it will ruin the surprise for someone that reads this. But she did a great job and I appreciated it. I am so lucky to have such a fantastic family. All around, they are talented, kind, sweet, loving and good. What a great Christmas!!!