Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Strange Visit

Amy went to Wichita this morning to visit Rebecca and see her apartment. She will be back tonight, after making a stop in Guthrie at the cemetary. She said she felt like she wanted to make a visit to the cemetary this Christmas, didn't know why, but wanted to go. Well, I know why. Every time there is a significent happening in my life, I like to go the the cemetary and spend some time. Maybe it is because I grew up going to the cemetary and it is a comfortable place for me, with lots of family around. Mother and Dad would have been married 82 years this Dec 11th. It does not seem they have been gone so long, but Amy and I have always been able to make that connection with them and feel their strength and love when we visit Guthrie. I guess that is because we grew up that way because I know we are not closer to their memory in Guthrie than anywhere else. Just know it was a place Mother liked to be so it is a meeting place. Anyway, Uncle Harry and Dad always planned to meet there for their political arguments and discussions of world affairs. So it is not unreasonable. Anyway, it will probably give her some affirmation and strength to plow on with her plans for the ministry and counseling.
We all have our special places of meditation and thinking. Central Park, the cemetary, baseball park, local lake, special birds, smells, sounds.......focusing our thoughts. So let's focus on the baby Jesus and the manger this week.