Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Eve

I get pretty excited about New Years Eve. I get a good book and settle in and say Yippee at midnight and then I am off to bed. May have a glass of wine with the book. New Years Day is even worse. By then I have finished the book so am really bored. Will fix lunch with the requisite black eyed peas and ham, then I will either clean house or take the Christmas decorations out of the shop window. If I were in New Jersey, I could spend the day watching the Mummers Parade. That is the best thing I ever did on New Years Day. I drove the family nuts because I wanted to watch from morning to night. That thing goes on all day and evening long. It just fascinates me and next year I am going to be there. That is my goal for 2010. See the Mummers Parade. If you have never seen it you have missed a real treat and if you have seen it, don't depress me by saying you don't like it!
Hope everyone has a wonderful New Years Eve and gets up in time to see all the football games. Actually, I bet you could start football this morning and stay up all night and all the next day and night and find a game someplace on the tv. Don't suggest it to Bill because he will probably try it.